profile - structural designer
what does the structural designer do?
- carries out structural design calculations on structures and draws up the associated specifications and estimates
- draws up structural layouts, reinforcement plans and bills of quantities
- checks concrete layouts, reinforcement plans
- provides a clear brief to the BIM designer on the calculations
- pro-actively reports problems and areas of concern to the project leader
what are the responsibilities of the structural designer?
- responsible for the accuracy of structural design calculations for the individual elements of the structure
what is the position of the structural designer in the Establis organisation?
As a structural designer, you will work in a team with a project leader and a BIM designer. In this team setup, you report to the project leader.
what are the educational requirements for a structural designer?
- Masters in Civil Engineering or equivalent in Applied Structural Engineering Sciences
- Industrial Engineer / Masters in Industrial Sciences – Construction
what can Establis offer you?
- an open, stimulating environment, with particular attention to quality, team building and work/life balance
- all the tools and training you need to be successful in your role
- realistic opportunities for progression within a growing organisation
- an attractive salary package