profile - BIM designer
what does the BIM designer do?
- draws up structural engineering plans (lay-out, shuttering, reinforcement, details etc) in a BIM environment, based on calculations of the structural engineer and the architect's plans
- checks plans of third parties (e.g. a manufacturer of prefab elements) to ensure conformity with the structural engineering plans
- draws up bills of quantities, based on the structural engineering plans
what are the responsibilities of the BIM designer?
- responsible for the provision of clear and legible plans and bills of quantities, where all structural engineering elements are set out in a straightforward and comprehensible manner
- identifying problem areas in the plans
what is the position of the BIM designer in the Establis organisation?
As a BIM designer, you will work in a team with a project leader and a structural designer. You will report to the project leader and the structural designer.
what are the educational requirements for a BIM designer?
- Bachelor in Industrial Sciences - Construction
- higher vocational education in Industrial Sciences - Construction
- 3rd degree Technical Secondary Education - Construction Techniques - 7th year
what can Establis offer you?
- an open, stimulating environment, with particular attention to quality, team building and work/life balance
- all the tools and training you need to be successful in your role
- realistic opportunities for progression within a growing organisation
- an attractive salary package